Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(02-01-2022, 01:24 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 05:09 PM)Percie Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 05:03 PM)Dānu Wrote: Why don't you just put words in my mouth?  Is warning people not to shoot themselves up with horse paste likely to discourage people from doing so?  Sure.  With good reason.  If you even read the shit you posted, many of the notes of caution were suggesting that if the vaccine came out under Trump, then the facts underlying that should bear greater scrutiny than they otherwise might.  Trump's well-documented behavior makes that a justified response. What's your point.  That Democrats should ignore things that might adversely affect the health of Americans such as the approval of a vaccine corrupted by political influence?  This compares to Republicans casting doubts on the vaccine using lies, falsehoods, and misinformation?  You don't see those as different things?  Fascinating.  You once again have compared unlike things as if they were like things to try to make a point.  You have all the reasoning skills of a turnip.

My point is clear. Democrats share responsibility for people's suspicions regarding the vaccines. You point it out yourself - " the approval of a vaccine corrupted by political influence." But, once Dems are in power, that concern disappears? It doesn't work that way.

Seems like there was great skepticism by Trump opposition that Trump was sincerely producing a real vaccine, instead he was just rushing to roll out whatever the fuck it was going to be, just to get the "win."  I would have a hard time pinning down exact quotes and opinion pieces, but living through it not too long ago that was my impression.  I'm surprised others don't recall it similarly.

Of course that happened. Years ago. People didn't trust trump to keep his fingers off the development. The companies who invented the vaccine though had no political interest, they had done 20 years of research on this type of vaccine and jumped on the opportunity to apply it. They would not have risked their successful investment of time and money to please a politician. But, one could not be sure of that at the time.

The point is that this was years ago, and what we know about the vaccine and the virus has changed several times over, as has the modus operandi of the virus.

Politics should never be mingled with science or medical matters. A vaccine is not a political thing. That is where the whole thing is going off the rails. Science is never a constant, it's all about learning new things and change. And so is a virus. There will be more and more changes regarding this matter. Listen to the scientists, not the politicians or entertainers.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • Fireball, Thumpalumpacus

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Dom - 02-01-2022, 12:11 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM