Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(01-30-2022, 08:25 PM)abaris Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 08:02 PM)Vera Wrote: Ivermectin is an anti-parasitic treatment used mainly for animals but approved in different doses to treat some parasitic worms in humans. 

Yeah, Ivermectin is the whoo of choice for rightwingers here too. I don't know, who came up with that particular rubbish, but rightwingers seem to be all caught up in taking it.

I had to go to the vet a couple of times last week (I lost a kitten Sadcryface the others are ok) and they were actually talking about that - apparently people have been calling the clinic to buy some for themselves as well. I shouldn't've been surprised but I was... slightly.

This is from the guardian article: "Ivermectin is an anti-parasitic treatment used mainly for animals but approved in different doses to treat some parasitic worms in humans. It has not been proved to be effective at preventing or treating Covid but has been promoted by vaccine-sceptic public figures such as the comedian and podcast host Joe Rogan, who said he used the drug to treat himself when he became sick with Covid, and the Fox News host Tucker Carlson."

And while that incel-Oprah, Rogan, did not start it, other of his guests, like a freaking biologist, Bret Weinstein, have apparently been vocal advocates of its use.

I'd almost be inclined to leave all the anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers and the "I don't want to have my lifestyle suffer mild inconveniences" crowd just win their well-deserved Darwin Award... sadly, *their* stupidity and ugly selfishness hurts - and kills - others. Not that they care...
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Vera - 01-30-2022, 08:36 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM