Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(01-27-2022, 02:07 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 02:02 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 01:53 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Sorry to hear that. He seems like a nice guy but not a fan of his singing. He always sounds like he needs to spit up a loogie.  Cher's voice is the same way except these days they fix her voice with autotune.    Anyway, I hope he gets better.

I love his earlier stuff and pretty much hate anything he did after his success hit. He had a couple of songs in the 90s that were really good, but it's been mostly pabulum since "Yellow Brick Road" to my ears.

I would have trouble naming two EJ songs since, say, 1982.  The "famous" ones that come to mind (due to repeated airtime and MTV) I think would be Nikita and Thats Why They Call It the Blues- I do like the latter one.  I'm Still Standing is famous but does nothing for me.  But yeah I could turn up almost any YBR song right now and get really moved and emotional.  The whole Captain Fantastic album is I think brilliant.

He had a knack for intriguing and still beautiful melodies and harmonies, but somewhere along the way that turned into MOR slush. But I'd stack "Love Lies Bleeding" up against anything in the I'mmafuckyouup category. That rocks. He was offball in his youth and that made for great music. He migrated to the middle of the road and got run over, is how I see it.
On hiatus.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Thumpalumpacus - 01-27-2022, 02:20 AM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM