Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(01-26-2022, 05:13 PM)Mad Hatter Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 04:24 PM)Dom Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 02:20 PM)Mad Hatter Wrote: Sure it's a ludicrous notion. So is sanctioning and threatening murder by withholding medical care to those in dire need just because they don't bow before Fauci and the Branch Covidians, and I don't believe that hospitals can't make accommodations for the "unvaxxed" in need of medical care.

I'm fully vaxxed, btw, including the booster.

Sweetheart, docs have always followed the rule of allocating transplant organs to those who look like they will have the best chance at a good outcome. Transplant organs are hard to come by. They should not be wasted.

Covid kills people who have had transplants, even "light" Covid will kill them, because the drugs they take suppress the immune system. The drugs must be taken or the foreign organ tissue gets rejected.

This dude has a prognosis of a bad outcome if he doesn't protect himself from Covid. There is nothing political or new about him not being chosen over many others who are patiently waiting for a chance at survival.

Did I make that understandable now? If not, I'll have to try to explain it better - again.
...and there's no way of telling what getting vaxxed might do to this guy because of his bad heart.

COVID has killed people for a lot of other reasons too. My Son in Law's mother was admitted to the ICU for COVID induced pneumonia and she passed away some days later in the hospital, this past Christmas Day, and she was vaxxed.

This guy is being denied medical care because he isn't vaxxed. I don't believe for a second that anybody or any doctor can positively determine that just because this guy gets a heart transplant he'll be in such a weakened condition that he'll die of COVID simply for the reason he isn't vaxxed.

...and the prognosis of a bad outcome for this guy if he doesn't get the transplant?

Covid kills old people, people with compromised immune systems, overly fat people, mentally challenged people, people with diabetes and so forth. Everyone gets Omicron, shots or no shots, but it only kills unvaccinated people and people with the preexisting conditions. If you have pre-existing conditions, you can easily die from omicron, vaxxed or not.

The dude will have zero, I mean, zero, and I said, zero immune system after the transplant. That means zero. If he gets Covid, he's dead meat, he has zero, and I mean zero, immunity.

Transplants are rare, and tons of people are in line waiting. Why would anyone in their right mind give it to someone who is likely to die right after and waste the transplant? 

Come on, be rational. It's about  giving an organ to someone who is likely to live because of it. We don't have organs to waste. They are very precious.

People get rejected for transplants all the time, always have been, for the same reason: Someone in line has a better chance of survival. 

That's been the rule from the start, always. Why would anyone change it for this dude, all he has to do is get a freaking shot and he can get back in line.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Dom - 01-26-2022, 05:54 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM