Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(01-22-2022, 05:28 PM)abaris Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 05:20 PM)Tres Leches Wrote: Like everyone here, I was very fearful of the virus when the pandemic first began. It is still a concern but, now, 2 years later with much new data and information, the fear and anger have gone away and replaced with logic. The implications that Percie might be a killer for going out in public are really quite disturbing.

-Teresa

I never was fearful, but I observed the recommended or mandated precautions and continue to observe them. I got my three shots but this doesn't mean a free ride with a virus that's constantly mutating. This is by far the most significant health crisis I have observed in my nearly 60 years of age. Comparable only to the Spanish Flu, in our regions at least.

Also comparing people dying of other causes doesn't make sense. These 1,6 million people dying within two years would have died anyway. It's obviously business as usual. The determining factor is over mortality. Meaning, how many more people died in any given period than usual.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid...deaths.htm

Ironically, there are quite a few people who say the same boldened sentence above about the 800,000 people who've died during the last 2 years of Covid as most Covid deaths by far have been in the elderly and infirm. I do NOT agree with this viewpoint on either cardio deaths or Covid deaths. It's the same side of the same coin.

The information on your link on excess deaths is quite dense and I also don't think that the final stats and data are in yet for 2021 deaths. But if you can show me raw numbers to bolster your assertion on actual excess deaths during Covid, I'd be happy to see it.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Tres Leches - 01-22-2022, 05:58 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM