Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(01-22-2022, 12:10 PM)Percie Wrote: Cavebear, I'll make the argument 1-2-3 so maybe you can follow it.

1. Experts expected new variant of covid to develop well before omicron hit the US. [1] 

2. Existing covid tests detect new variants like omicron. [2]

3. Therefore, the Biden administration had the reason to order and distribute large numbers of test kits, and the time to do so, but failed to do so. [3]

NOTES

1. I've proven this with links to articles which quoted experts as saying that they expected new variants to develop, and those articles are dated well before omicron hit the US.

2. There's some evidence that rapid antigen tests using nasal swab only can have a delay of up to two days in detecting omicron, but this can be mitigated by doing a combined throat swab and nasal swab.

3. Even lefty sources like CNN are saying this. I've given at least one link.

Yes, new variants are expected and occur daily. 99% are insignificant and die out. What we don't know is if and when one appears that is viable and virulent, and strong enough to put people in hospitals. We also don't know if current immunity will still apply at that time or to the new variant. 

It is impossible to predict what will happen. We could have nipped it in the bud when the very first one emerged. We missed the boat on testing and tracing when the very first outbreak happened. It would have worked then.

No point to it anymore.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Dom - 01-22-2022, 01:00 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM