Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(01-19-2022, 11:31 PM)mordant Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 04:51 PM)Dom Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 04:50 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Justice would be Percival gasping out his last breath on a respirator!

I think he's vaccinated. He's just against mandated masking and testing. Or anything mandated, I think. Although, if he follows that thought through, he will come across many mandates he is already following for safety.
I'm noticing a disturbing trend among the far left in the US ... initially they were uniformly pro vaccine, pro lockdown, pro testing, pro contact tracing, pro social distancing ... but of late, a lot of them have taken a weird libertarian bent and started simplistically equating any sort of mandates with fascism. A few have even slipped into conspiracy theories of Covid being overblown and a tool of government to control people or just a way for Big Pharma to make $ (though at least there's SOME truth to that). I note they're mostly the young hotheads, the same ones who are so far left they think Stalin was not such a bad guy after all. It makes sense they'd be the first ones to get tirrrrrd of this thing going on forevvvvvver.

In fairness this isn't helped by some people suggesting criminalizing not getting vaccinated. That has never happened in the history of vaccinations to my knowledge, and that actually WOULD be fascistic.

I will confess I'm with healthcare workers who routinely strive to save the lives of people who do dumb shit to themselves ... stick unnatural things up their bunghole or OD repeatedly on drugs, play with explosives, whatever ... while it's superficially gratifying to imagine people who aren't vaccinated being turned away at the ER, it's fundamentally against the oath doctors and nurses take to do that, and it would harm a lot of people who aren't hateful or selfish, but merely deceived or afraid to stand up to the asshats in their family who are holding them in line. In particular, this isn't children's fault their parents have told them they don't need no stinkin' vaccine or that Ivermectin is sufficient.

Well, it used to be that vaccines for smallpox was required to get a passport but smallpox has pretty much been eliminated from the world because so many people were vaccinated.  One simply could NOT get a passport without the smallpox shot. Schools still require children to be up to date on their shots to attend school.  These are requirements. One isn't hauled off to jail for not complying but one is denied entrance into schools.  I think most of the military services require several vaccinations in order to serve.   

The big problem is that antivaxxers are spreading lies and conspiracy crap and loads of misinformation and it's killing people and they don't seemed to care.  And if these people believe Ivermectin works why do they even take their family members to the hospital in the first place.  Then some  of them bitch and complain that doctors aren't perscribing Ivermectin so doctors are murdering their loved ones.  Also, if they think Jesus is going to cure them why don't they take their sick relatives to the church? They are such hypocrites.  The Dunning-Kruger Effect is going full force with antivaxxers and Darwin is winning.

I'm trying to care about antivaxxers but it's very difficult.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Alan V

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Dancefortwo - 01-20-2022, 12:04 AM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM