Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(01-19-2022, 08:41 PM)Percie Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 04:51 PM)Dom Wrote: I think he's vaccinated. He's just against mandated masking and testing. Or anything mandated, I think. Although, if he follows that thought through, he will come across many mandates he is already following for safety.

Sure. We have seatbelt laws for instance. Yet, on my way to and from work people routinely go 85 in a 55 zone and no one ever gets pulled over. If we're honest, we all accept and reject health and safety mandates.

Do I think that most people should be vaccinated? Yes.

Would I hold someone down so they could be forcibly vaccinated? No.

Would you?

If you're so gung-ho on vaccinations, then lobby the government to force vaccinations. What's with all the pussy-footing around it? I'd rather see a true vaccine mandate, then an attempt at an end-around like Biden's trying with large employers. WTF, are employees at small employers immune to Covid?

I am not for forcing people by holding them down, obviously. Don't inject such things in a so far good conversation. Sadcryface

I did already say that I am for mandatory testing and masking in workplaces and schools. Vaccinated people might be exempt from the testing, but with Omichron, not from the masking since they get it too. They may not die from it themselves, but they would still kill other people.

I don't want people to kill others. Is that so hard to understand?

And you should call your local police and inform them of the speeding issue. We don't see much of that here, but we have patrols on the road.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Dom - 01-19-2022, 09:19 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM