Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(01-15-2022, 03:35 AM)PunkRockAtheist Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 08:19 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 04:25 PM)PunkRockAtheist Wrote: I'm actually sitting in the waiting room at the doctor's office now. We'll see what kind of tests she has me do. Hopefully not here all day.

Glad to hear this, m'friend. Here's hoping it's not so bad, or that you caught it early.

Thank you for the concern. Did a bunch of tests today. I didn't have a heart attack, but could have. Wish I had better news, but found out I'm in the beginning stages of congestive heart failure. Also pre-diabetes and high blood pressure. I'm 6'1" 260, doc wants me down to 170 asap. My birth mother died of congestive heart failure last year at age 60 after suffering with it for years. I'm 40 now. Hopefully caught it all very early. 

Went to Dick's sporting goods and bought a bike. Doc wants 60 minutes of exercise a day. Chicken and fish only, small portions, no beef or pork. Mostly beans, rice and vegetables. No more half & half in my coffee, gotta use the fat free crap and no sugar in it. 

Yay.

Start that 60 minutes a day, unless you're already close to that, at a lower amount, or pedal slower. Fuck that fat-free shit with no sugar, it's actually worse for you. Personally, I walk for mileage. I don't know what it's like where you are, but when I rode my bike, I got harassed about "getting a job", and have had city buses and civilians run red lights when I was in the crosswalk. I quit riding it years ago. I loved it, but just like when I rode my motorcycle, people just don't care about people up on two wheels. I walk around my neighborhood these days, but whenever I cross an intersection, I look very carefully for stupid drivers...in every direction. Good luck with your recovery!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Tres Leches, Alan V

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Fireball - 01-15-2022, 03:59 AM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM