Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(01-04-2022, 12:04 PM)Dom Wrote: You forget that science is never absolute.

You're using the "never absolute" line to sweep outright fraud or gross negligence under the rug.

Quote:Actually, it is now wondering again if cholesterol is even dangerous in any form.

Actually, the studies have shown for a long time that cholesterol isn't dangerous. You're only now starting to hear about it. Like when they told us to eat margarine instead of butter. The exact wrong advice, but food companies made a lot of money.

Quote:A lot of nutritional science is in question. Medical knowledge changes all the time. We learn, thank goodness, at least to a point.

A lot of known medical science is covered up or distorted (like relative risk reduction and statins) so that big pharma can make a buck.

Ever see those heart healthy check marks on boxes of high carb food? Food manufacturers get those by paying tribute to the heart association. It's big business. Here's their fee schedule:

https://www.heart.org/-/media/files/heal...-sheet.pdf

They're not unbiased regarding diet and heart health.

Quote:The shot for Covid is completely new technology, not the same as a flu shot. It's a new approach to vaccines, and it will take time to perfect. A once a year shot is on the horizon, but there is no telling how long it will take to get there. Meanwhile, boosters protect from hospitalization and death in most cases.

Just show me the research studies supporting your claims. I'm willing to listen. I got the first two shots - it's not like I'm a fanatic.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Percie - 01-04-2022, 01:16 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM