Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(12-30-2021, 10:25 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I wouldn't say I lived in fear or terror for the last, almost two years.    I've lived with precautions and awareness but not fear, especially after I was vaccinated.  Maybe I'm not a good example of what you mean.   I'm not a germaphobe at all so there's that to consider.
Same here. I'm more concerned about the lame responses to the pandemic and the business imperatives to "keep the economy open" and outright denialism and what toll it will exact. I'm concerned about the cost to society of Long Covid, etc.

This is a classic case of how, if you're actually dealing in reality, there's an actual legitimate concern and sure it creates a certain amount of distress. But characterizing those people as flying off the handle and being Chicken Little, or even Nervous Nellies, is to minimize or deny the degree to which this is an actual threat to individuals and to society.

I'm actually in a good position economically (so far) and constitutionally (as an introvert) to say "hold my beer, I got this". But I'm not going to minimize the problem, either. I'm in solidarity with parents of unvaccinatable children (< 5), the already chronically ill, the aging, and more generally, those disadvantaged in any number of ways to have been living on the knife-edge of personal disaster even before this clusterfuck.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by mordant - 12-31-2021, 01:58 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM