Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(12-31-2021, 12:29 AM)Dom Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 09:59 PM)Tres Leches Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 09:48 PM)Dom Wrote: How many are old and decrepit? If you are old, you have to watch your ass with Covid. It is still the older population that is dying off. 

Last year this time we had a spike - we are not spiking now. But we are definitely also not at the lowest rate. It's out there, and it will kill anyone who is old or has pre-existing conditions. Negating the virulence and danger of it is not doing those folks any favors. If you are young and fit, it's your life and you should do what you want. But please don't try to persuade the older or compromised population to follow suit.

Yes, I agree. Older folks and people with conditions like obesity, diabetes, etc should definitely beware, get a vaccine, and take precautions if necessary. In the Golden State, 70% of Covid-19 deaths have been in people >65. Yet reading the news gives the impression that everyone, everywhere is in mortal danger at all times and this is demonstrably not the case with those not in high risk groups.

-Teresa

True. However, people who can expect a milder case should take good care not to infect those who will be at risk for death. Everyone needs to leave their house at some point, if for nothing else to get food.

Yeah, I'm back to using an N95 mask so I don't spread Omicron to someone who is compromised since it spreads so easily.   It's just simple, old fashioned courtesy and civility.
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Bcat, Dom, Thumpalumpacus

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Dancefortwo - 12-31-2021, 01:26 AM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM