Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(12-30-2021, 06:20 PM)Dom Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 06:10 PM)Tres Leches Wrote: At this point, I'm operating under the assumption that everyone will contract the coronavirus sooner or later, vaccinated or not. Thankfully, the vast, vast majority of cases do not get sick or get mildly ill.

I believe that the screaming "case counts" headlines will also largely disappear in the next few months. A year ago, it was death counts that were making headlines. But deaths caused by Covid-19 long ago decoupled from "cases" and deaths are currently either flat or decreasing, even with the latest variant of concern on the prowl.

I also think the US Supreme Court will quash Biden's proposed national vaccine mandate but we'll see.

-Teresa

Doesn't look to be slowing down much to me.

[Image: coviddeaths.jpg]

And likely it will spike again after the holidays.

I can't tell the source for this graph? It shows >15,000 daily deaths last winter and >5,000 daily deaths now.

The NY Times indicates daily average deaths yesterday are 1,200. 7 percent decrease from 14 days ago. (Cases are +153% from 14 days ago, further bolstering that deaths and cases are decoupled.)

Covid in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Tres Leches - 12-30-2021, 06:47 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM