Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(12-27-2021, 12:36 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I don't agree, unless we really parse out "the media" and take each case one by one.  An internet poster can at least seek out and choose to consider both sides of a story, we have no financial interest in only spewing the far left or far right view of an issue.  But follow the money: most of the media certainly does and will only hire and promote those with appropriate fanaticism for the political view that suits their target audience of viewers and clickers.

Money is by no means the only motivator or cause of inaccuracy.  And as for tailoring content to an audience, who doesn't try to do that?  Media are businesses offering specific services to their audiences.  Some at least try to appeal to as wide an audience as possible, which undermines your point somewhat. And media, unlike individuals, usually have the resources to afford accuracy. I see many more mistakes of accuracy in these discussions than I see watching the evening news.
The following 2 users Like Alan V's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Thumpalumpacus

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Alan V - 12-27-2021, 12:47 AM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM