Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
Omicron is 3x to 4x more transmissible and once it gets into your bronchi, it reproduces 70x faster than Delta, according to reports I read today. That is a scary thought, when combined with the increasing consensus that Omicron is NOT milder in terms of symptoms than previous strains.

Vaccines, assuming the protection hasn't waned, prevent serious illness by keeping the virus from getting past your nasal / sinus membranes and into your chest. Most of the protection is deeper inside the body; it's not that good at protecting your upper respiratory tract compared to the lower tract. That is why if you are infected, you're just as infectious as an unvaccinated person for a few days. And that is why you need not just the booster but masking and social distancing, to protect others in case you have an asymptomatic infection or mild enough symptoms that it could be mistaken for a cold or flu.

Definitely get boosted.

Here in my county we are running 3 to 4x more new infections per day than at any point in the pandemic. There wasn't an empty parking spot at the drug store Saturday, so many people were getting shots. They shut the pharmacy down for the weekend so they could focus on that. I wish we were seeing this all over the country, but alas and alack ... not so much.
The following 4 users Like mordant's post:
  • Fireball, Bcat, jerry mcmasters, Thumpalumpacus

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by mordant - 12-20-2021, 03:33 AM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM