Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(12-19-2021, 05:32 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 03:53 PM)Alan V Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 03:09 PM)Mad Hatter Wrote: People don't want to neglect getting their flu shots. There's some real nasty flu viruses out there. I got a high potency flu vaccine last month and a few days later I got the booster.

After having covid at the end of 2020, I'm not messing around this year.  I got my flu shot in October for the first time in decades.  I got the covid booster in November.  And I'm getting the two shingles vaccines, the first one this Friday.  My brother-in-law got a painful and prolonged case of shingles this year, so that's nothing to neglect either if you are older.

I didn't realize you had Covid. Do you have any after effects, like inflamation problems? Once in a while I check out a blog devoted to dancing and a few of the dancers who have had Covid report their muscles being very tight months afterwards.  They say their calf muscles are more like a big knot instead of a muscle.  Some have tried professional massages and rolling with a foam roller over the muscle but they're not having much success.  It's a very weird virus.  It effects the body in weird ways.

On a side note, I talked to my brother up on Canada who keeps in contact with my wacky twisted-sister who lives on the other side of Portland (and hasn't spoken to me in 10 years, thank gawd) and she thinks Covid is a hoax and Dr Fauci is part of a conspiracy to put micro chips in people and track them everywhere they go.   I mean....... Facepalm jesusfuckingchrist, how did she go so far off the tracks.  Everyone else in my family is pretty normal and sane.   My brother tries to reason with her but she slams the phone down.  She doesn't have a cell phone because she's worried about getting brain cancer which she thinks is another conspiracy.  

She went from a strong, enthusiastic Obama supporter to fucked up trump supporter in the space of a year.  Go figure.

That's what puzzles me too. With the arrival of trump, some perfectly sane people are suddenly totally insane. WTF?
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Dom - 12-19-2021, 05:34 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM