Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(12-18-2021, 04:16 PM)mordant Wrote: The moderna booster is just a half dose of the initial vaccine, it's not a different formula. I believe the Pfizer booster isn't even a half-dose, it's identical. Although the Pfizer dosage is somewhat less than Moderna anyway.

The mRna immunity seems to fade at about 5 months. I hope that boosters will be available at six month intervals.

The media is surprisingly nebulous about the vaccine doses. I'm guessing most people have no clue of the dosages in the vaccines. I'm personally waiting to get a booster as I'm not at high risk for severe disease. I might wait until I'm 60+ to get another vaccine.

Quote:But in the midst of a pandemic last year, the companies had to guess at the optimal dose. Pfizer went with 30 micrograms, Moderna with 100.

Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both Knockouts, but One Seems to Have the Edge - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Quote:If you had Moderna for your first two shots... you might consider getting the Pfizer booster because it's a smaller dose (30 micrograms) than the Moderna booster (50 micrograms).

Which booster shot should you get, and do you even need one? : Shots - Health News : NPR

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • Bcat

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Tres Leches - 12-18-2021, 05:17 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM