Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(10-23-2021, 11:53 AM)mordant Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 12:20 AM)Dom Wrote: So it looks like it's better for the people with J&J to take a different booster. Supposedly that expands the effectiveness. My pharmacy will have some Moderna soon, so I guess I'll go get that and my flu shot at the same time, it's apparently ok to get both together.
I'm scheduled for the Moderna booster Nov 5. I scheduled it late on a Friday afternoon so that if it causes symptoms I can hopefully not lose any time at work. In retrospect I don't know why I did that; ruin my weekend for the benefit of my employers? I must have Stockholm syndrome. Even as a contingent W2 worker I have accumulated almost a week of sick time. I guess it is just angst around a new team I just switched to, and not wanting to create bad first impressions.

I'm about 2 years from retirement; it is probably overdue ...

Dom, keep in mind that the Moderna booster is only a half dose. My daughter the nurse says the original Moderna two doses were always higher dose than Pfizer anyway, which was somewhat controversial, but Moderna seems to edge Pfizer out in the sense that immunity fades more slowly. If I were a J&J recipient and considering Pfizer vs Moderna, I would want to know what Moderna dosage was used in the studies of mixed vaccinations. Maybe they even recommend a full dose of Moderna as a J&J follow-on, IDK.

Well, one thing seems to be sure - the J&J has pretty much worn off by now. So I need more immunity for sure. I can ask for a full dose of Moderna. I am still pretty much quarantined, no face to face or indoors, so I am pretty safe.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • mordant, skyking

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Dom - 10-23-2021, 12:43 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM