Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(09-24-2021, 10:07 PM)Dom Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 07:39 PM)Percie Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 06:02 PM)julep Wrote: Well, at this point we have a lot of data on which people with Covid wind up in the hospital/dead, and for the most part it's not the vaccinated.

Exactly. Pushing the vaccinated to continue preventive measures unnecessarily gives the antivaxxers an argument.

It's not unnecessary. You are in a race to stop the virus from opportunities to multiply and mutate. It keeps mutating as long as it can infect a lot of people, it learns how to do better eventually. That's why Alpha was so much weaker than Delta. The more unvaccinated people are out there, the more it will spread. And Delta infects more vaccinated people too, it just doesn't kill the vaccinated. The unvaccinated end up dead.

So, while I don't want to give anyone a serious disease, it's also my goal to just stop the damn thing from developing into better variants. That means cutting down the number of people it can affect. The next variant may well be able to do more damage to the vaccinated too. It's a race, and so far it doesn't look like we can win. 

I am vaccinated and may well carry the virus on me - it just can't hurt me. I can be a spreader. I don't want to be a spreader.

And the antivaxxers don't understand evolution or don't believe it's a fact.  Most of them don't like science because it conflicts with their worldview.   Well, evolution  IS a fact.   Evolution happens everyday and that's why Alpha mutated into Delta. Alpha was not killed off because anti-maskers spread it,  so it changed and became stronger.  This is evolution on  a microscopic scale and if we don't stop Delta it could also mutate into a stronger virus.  Do we really have to go through the damned Greek alphabet because people don't understand or believe evolution is real?   Geesh!
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dom, Inkubus

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Dancefortwo - 09-24-2021, 10:51 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM