Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
Tasmanian Catholic Archbishop Julian Porteous is pushing for priests who have a "conscientious
objection" to COVID vaccines
to still be allowed to work in aged care homes after a vaccine mandate
comes into effect at the end of next week, banning unvaccinated workers from those homes.

How is it possible to take seriously someone who dresses like this in the 21st century?

[Image: Screenshot-2021-09-09-at-14-47-04-2b1967...pixels.png]

In a letter to clergy this month, Porteous wrote that he was "obligated to respect the decision of
those members of the clergy who have a conscientious objection to receiving one of the COVID
vaccines available in Australia
 ".

The Health and Community Services Union state secretary said, "I just can't understand on what
basis they would be seeking to have that objection applied... The clergy mix with the general
population significantly. The risk of them carrying the virus into an aged care facility is high."

Porteous has a past history of cuntism.  He's a strong opponent of Voluntary Assisted Dying (VAD),
opposes the breaking of the seal of confession for paedophiles, opposes same-sex marriages and
stem-cell research.  There've also been calls to refer Porteous to the Australian Anti-Discrimination
Commissioner, as the Catholic church in Tasmania actively discriminates against lesbian, gay,
bisexual, transgender and intersex people.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by SYZ - 09-09-2021, 04:56 AM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM