Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(08-27-2021, 02:57 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I was over on the Reddit atheist subforum and came across this rant from a nurse who has been dealing with sick anti-vaxxers.  Here's what she had to say.

Quote:I'm feeling hate for the first time in my life. It's awful, and I don't know what to do about it. I feel so much hatred toward Christians who use their beliefs to justify not getting the COVID vaccine, not wearing masks, not acknowledging that we're in a pandemic at all. I'm tired. I'm depressed. I'm angry. I'm a nurse a wife and a mother. I've dedicated my life to caring for other people, and I love it with all my heart. But I've hit my limit. I made it through a year and a half caring for patients with COVID without complaint, but I'm starting to feel like I just can't do it anymore. Everyone I care for now is antivax. Before, they couldn't necessarily help getting sick. Now, getting sick is pretty much a choice. And they're entitled, ungrateful assholes who still think they're justified in not getting vaccinated. They talk to the nurses and doctors like they actually think they know more about vaccines and viruses than we do, because they spent a few hours reading some bullshit articles they googled. Never mind all of our degrees and years of experience. And guess what? Almost all of them go out of their way to tell me they're Christians. (I would never ask). I've never struggled to be neutral and maintain professionalism, but this is bothering me so much I'm starting to worry I may snap. The toll it's taking on my mental health is profound. I'm drunk. I'm drunk pretty much every night now. This was never a problem for me before and I'm not alone. Many of my coworkers have confided similar problems. We're only human.

To anyone reading this, I'm sorry. I know this is depressing and I know no one wants to hear this rant. I just can't contain it anymore. If you haven't already, please get vaccinated. Please encourage your loved ones to get vaccinated. I'm posting this here because I know many of you are former Christians who have Christian friends and family. Talk to them. Maybe they'll listen to you because they sure as hell aren't listening to us. Thanks for letting me vent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comment...had_a_few/

Those who looked to a gawd and not to a doctor to protect them from COVID need to stay the fuck home and look to god, not doctors, to heal them. Sorry (not sorry), but I'm sick to death of the covidiots and their bullshit claims. If they all died, well, I'd miss my dad, but that's about fucking it.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 5 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Fireball, Minimalist, Thumpalumpacus, Dancefortwo, KevinM1

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by TheGentlemanBastard - 08-30-2021, 02:05 AM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM