Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(08-13-2021, 11:16 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 08:54 PM)Dom Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 08:07 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: If I recall correctly, and correct me if I'm wrong, you got your shot a couple months ago.   But now, as of August, the shots are available without an appointment, in a walk-in basis.  I was at Walgreens yeaterday and three people were getting their shots while I was waiting for a perscription.  They walked in and asked for the Covid shot.  They did have to fill out some paperwork regarding their age and general health information but it was without an appointment.  Unless people work 7 days a week I'd think they could get their shot on a day off or ask a friend to drive them.  Just a thought.

I got it a month ago. And now they don't do it anymore at all, it was a temporary drive. We don't have Walgreens, we have a small town pharmacy, not a chain. They don't bother unless they have 20 people lined up, and now they stopped doing that because people would sign up and then not show up because they hitched a ride to someplace else. It took weeks of waiting after on the list, and they never did call me back, I called frequently and harassed them. One day they said they did have a new waiting list going. I jumped on it.

Like I said, it's now a one hour drive to Medford, and probably there are several places to get it there. You are spoiled, the people around you are informed and large stores are accessible. Most people here didn't even know where to get a shot, and internet is sparse, it is not widely used because DSL is so slow to start with. No quick look-up, you have to call your pharmacy and they don't have it and don't know where to send you except a generic "Medford". I don't know if the country doc here does any better. 

Life is not uniform at all, not even within one single and progressive state.

Dom, I am so happy that you enjoy living in such a rural area.  My doff my hat in your general direction.  Tip hat   I grew up living out in the woods in the Sierras and had enough of that lifestyle to last a lifetime.   If I lived where you live ( I have a general idea where it is) I would go stark raving mad.  People in white coats would have to lure me out of a tall tree with a net and take me off to the looney farm.  Tongue Wink   LOL!  I'm so happy that you love your environment.  That's what life is all about.    Sun

As introvert, none of the disadvantages matter much to me, albeit I would like some broadband. Maybe if I was extrovert I would move to a more populated place. As is, I prefer to watch nature, not converse with people. I was different when I was younger, I did live urban most of my life. I did get a taste of living in nature when I was a kid (vacations only) and when I got old and ready to retire, that's what I wanted for the rest of my life. In the beauty of nature, watching the deer and ducks and all of that over much time, so their behavior patterns make sense to me. I marvel at evolution, having created such a diversity of life around me, each adapted to it's own little niche. 

I don't get anything like that out of walking down a city street, more often than not people are just annoying to me. Like "they" say: "To each his own".
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • Alan V, Dancefortwo, Deesse23

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Dom - 08-14-2021, 12:54 AM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM