Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(07-18-2021, 08:44 PM)Dom Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 06:45 PM)Free Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 06:11 PM)Dom Wrote: Well, drawing the line means that I am going to be a hermit who emerges as few times as possible to get fresh food while masked, perhaps for the rest of my life.

Obviously that doesn't make me happy. While I don't crave human company, I would very much like to be able to go places too.

If you are able to go to places now, you will still be able to do the same thing regardless. You will not be taking any more risk among the unvaccinated or vaccinated as you are doing right now.

The situation as it is now really won't get much worse. You will see surges go up and down, so what do you do? As they go up you take extra precautions, as they go down you have a little bit more freedom. Nothing is going to change that, because the unvaccinated simply won't get vaccinated.

My point here is that since they won't get vaccinated, then those of us who are vaccinated and have no preexisting conditions should enjoy the freedom these vaccinations bring to us. And if our freedoms somehow transmit the virus to the unvaccinated and they get sick or die then that's exactly what they deserve because of their stupidity.

Your situation isn't going to change no matter what. Whether or not those of us go forth and live our lives as normal as possible isn't going to change your situation one iota. Either way, you will still need to take precautions.

I understand your predicament, but the sooner we reach herd immunity the better off you will be, and we are not going to achieve it unless we bring it to these hoaxers head on.

So yeah ... get them all infected asap and whoever lives will be immune, and whoever dies makes us immune to them for a certainty, and rids us all of that bullshit. Otherwise they will just keep doing this to people like you.

So what I am suggesting now is for those of us who are healthy and vaccinated to get out there and force the herd immunity upon those who refuse to get vaccinated, while at the same time thin out the herd of anti-vaccers who will die due to not being vaccinated, and get this situation more under control as quickly as possible so we can all get back to some semblance of normality.

Your plan will cause the virus to mutate more and more, the more it spreads, the more it mutates. I live in trump country and have been living like a prisoner for a long time now. I don't look forward to your scenario at all, the danger will increase with the higher number of mutations. I don't suppose it's preventable though anyway, when I dared to go buy some fresh food the other day, I was the only person in the store with a mask. And I got stares to boot.
My opinion is that the non-vaxxed population should be subject to the same kind of rules they want to impose on other people.  That is: a business has the ability to require that you show a vaccine card or wear a mask, and maybe even if you're wearing a mask they don't have to do business with you if you're someone who's proud  to be a threat to others.  (same as bakers not being forced to make you a wedding cake if they don't support your type of marriage, or landlords being able to refuse to rent to gay tenants, as is now the law in some states)  

No one would force anyone to get vaccinated, and nonvaxxed people would be free to seek out the businesses and schools that would accommodate them.  At that point they might finally be able to see how "separate but equal" isn't, really.
god, ugh
The following 1 user Likes julep's post:
  • Inkubus

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by julep - 07-18-2021, 08:56 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM