Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(07-18-2021, 02:00 AM)mordant Wrote:
(07-17-2021, 03:49 AM)Free Wrote:
(07-17-2021, 03:43 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Because people are dying because of misinformation?

Just a guess.

My take is quite simple. 

There are people out there who politicized this pandemic and won't get vaccinated. Their intention is obvious; they will risk their lives and spread it around in some crazy effort to screw over the Biden Administration.

So I say this. Get vaccinated and protect the vulnerable. Go live your lives among those who refuse to get vaccinated. If they get infected and die, let that suck for them. They will get what they deserve. I have had enough of those fuckers screwing over everyone else.

At the end of it all we will reach herd immunity whether they get vaccinated or not, and there will be tens of thousands of Trump supporting extreme right-wingers in the grave.

And in my books that's not a bad thing.

Get militant about it, and take no fucking prisoners.

Enough is enough.
Great in principle but the problems remain that:

1) None of the available vaccines are "sterlizing vaccines". They make it considerably less likely you will catch Covid or that you will have severe initial symptoms if you do. But vaccinated persons are still getting sick, hospitalized, even dying. If 95% of covid deaths are among the unvaccinated, then 5% are among the vaccinated.

Even if 100% got vaccinated that 5% would still exist. 5% would still die anyway, therefore this argument won't make any difference.

Quote:2) None of this addresses "long covid". I have heard figures between 30% (US) and 80% (Canadian health service) of people who get Covid still have "sequelae" many weeks after the initial infection, even if the initial infection consisted of mild to non-existent symptoms. These symptoms vary as to severity and how long (or whether) they resolve but they can be very severe and even permanently disabling in their own right. My niece's husband is still struggling with symptoms nearly 8 months after being infected.

So one cannot simply "walk among them" with not a care in the world.

Again, long-covid is going to happen even to the 5% who are vaccinated. This virus is here to stay just like the flu virus. At what point do we accept that and move forward? Or do we just go year after year with lock-downs, social distancing, mask wearing and constant debate about it?

These anti-vaccers have politicized this thing and should we allow them to keep us hostage with their fucked up political agenda? Fuck that. 5% is acceptable collateral damage to start ridding the world of these bastards one by one. Let them die en masse, and suffer long-covid en masse. Eventually enough of them will be so negatively affected they will start publicly start admitting they were wrong and those admissions will filter into their ranks and persuade millions more they were also wrong.

No pain, no gain. 

Quote:Given that the Delta variant is spiking in all 50 states now I said goodbye today to my Saturday morning men's group and we are having one last dinner out with friends and then it's back to lock down. Despite that we live in a relatively liberal enclave, I noticed on the way home today that the local Presbyterian church is reopening for services tomorrow, and the local theater is happily booking acts into the fall, and that's before the goddamned schools even reopen.

It would be great if we could just encourage the Trumptards to just kill themselves already but it is nowhere near that simple. And even the relatively enlightened are getting careless and prematurely declaring victory.

In the beginning we heard loud chants of "let everyone get infected and we will reach herd immunity." At that time it was impractical as we knew millions more would die in that effort and natural herd immunity doesn't last as long as a vaccine does.

But now that we have over 50% vaccinated, yet we have about 150 million not vaccinated in the US with at least half of those not doing so due to political reasons, we can go about our lives and leave those bastards to their own devises. Why? Because if we don't they will continue this nonsense for years and years, so where do we draw the fucking line and say, "Fine then, it's your funeral" and go about living our lives?

Harsh as it may sound, let the bastards die.
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org
The following 1 user Likes Free's post:
  • Kim

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Free - 07-18-2021, 04:06 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM