Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(06-27-2021, 04:36 AM)Cavebear Wrote: I don't want to turn this to political issues, but the Chinese Communist Government has 3 conflicting demands regarding Covid-19.  First, they don't want any responsibility for the origin of it (and I'm not sure they do).  Second, they could have enforced 100% vaccination had they actually had one.  Doing the second would have suggested they were the PLACE were it arose and the Chinese are very sensitive to "blame".

That last is important.  Viruses travel among animals and you don't always know where they come from.  There isn't any National blame to be assigned for the origin of a new virus.  They can come from nearly anywhere.  Pigs, bats, and poultry are common interspecies transmission vectors but other common animals are also potentials.  

The important thing for any Nation to do is report a new virus immediately and invite others in to investigate (to pool knowledge.  

China failed at THAT!  So they get some blame.

And, as I admire a good pun,  "The Kung Flu" is a pretty good name...

The last US president coined the phrase "Kung Flu". How sad that his wicked mockery is being repeated. After watching my Asian American friends face hate just by walking out their front doors every day, this is a reprehensible comment. 

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 3 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Mr Greene, TheGentlemanBastard, julep

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Tres Leches - 06-27-2021, 04:37 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM