Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(05-04-2021, 04:34 AM)Cavebear Wrote: There are so many things needed to help Covid victims and not every nation has all of them all the time.  We need more international organization.  But isn't that the sort of thing the United Nations is supposed to do?

From the World Health Organisation (WHO).

"Early in 2020, WHO had estimated US$ 1.7 billion was required for the COVID-19
response, in addition to what governments needed for their national action plans and
strategic preparedness and response plans. The WHO's Strategic Preparedness and
Response Plan 2021 estimates US$1.96 billion will allow WHO to build on the gains
from 2020, and continue to support countries with the goal of suppressing transmission,
reducing exposure, countering misinformation and disinformation, protecting the
vulnerable, reducing mortality and morbidity rates and increasing equitable access
for all."

The Australian federal government is distributing 130,000 of "our" vaccine doses to
Pacific Island nations April/May as part of the COVAX initiative, as both Papua New
Guinea and Timor-Leste fight major outbreaks.  After that, the government will focus
on sending more vaccines to other Melanesian nations, including Vanuatu, Solomon
Islands and Fiji. Australia has flown two  emergency medical teams to Papua New
Guinea, last month, along with additional medical supplies.

I note too that yesterday, President Biden said that by 4 July the United States will
have sent approximately 10% of its available coronavirus vaccines it produced to other
countries. "It's a significant humanitarian commitment in addition to our funding of COVAX,
and I'll have more to say about that soon," Biden said—referring to the WHO-led initiative
to provide equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines.

—COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access, abbreviated as COVAX, is a global initiative aimed at
equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines led by Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance (formerly the
Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation, or GAVI), the Coalition for Epidemic
Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by SYZ - 05-05-2021, 12:04 AM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM