Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(04-07-2021, 03:10 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 12:04 AM)Dom Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 10:30 PM)mordant Wrote: Today was the first day of general vaccine availability (theoretically anyway) in New York State. That is to say, anyone over 16 or 18 depending on the vaccine can receive a dose.

My stepson was able to schedule himself this Friday for his first shot in a small town about 15 miles east of us, which is a lot better than the 5 hour round trip my wife and I made for our first shot and will make again Monday afternoon for our 2nd shot. But appointments were still booking out from under us in our own city. Again it appears to be smaller towns / more thinly populated counties where the available doses don't immediately evaporate.

Speak for yourself. I can't find one anywhere near - here today and gone tomorrow. What few there were.

Is there something available in Medford?  I know the general area where you live.  Is Medford too far?    Maybe Ashland?  The entire Shakespeare Festival in Ashland has been devistated by this pandemic.  The whole town's economy relies on the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and Southern Oregon University so maybe there has been a push to vaccinate.  I donno, just a thought.

Medford, it would end up being a day's trip to get there and back with the waiting in between. Ashland is even worse (a great small city though!)

I am safe here on my property, so I'll just wait it out. I don't have the urge to get among people anyway, I actually prefer solitude. It's only 3 weeks until the end of the month, I'll survive just fine.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Dom - 04-07-2021, 03:47 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM