Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-18-2021, 03:16 PM)Dānu Wrote: The nurse came and took my temperature and it was 100.4° F, so I'm thinking, "Oh shit, here we go."  So she takes it again and it's 99-something.  After she left I used my own thermometer and it was only 96° F.  Mine is a cheap China import, so it may not be very accurate, but my temperature is usually slightly above 97° F, so I think her thermometer was off some way.

This is the first study (Comparative accuracy testing of non-contact infrared thermometers [NCIT] and
temporal artery thermometers [TAT] in an adult hospital setting, 1 Oct 2020, Shahrukh Khan et al)
to compare accuracy of NCIT to a reference device TAT in adult hospitalized patients. Although mass
fever screening is currently underway using NCIT, these results indicate that the NCIT may not be the
safest device for mass fever screening in adults if used in isolation during a pandemic
. It should be noted
that fever screening is often conducted in less controlled conditions than those presented in this study,
which may result in further decreased accuracy than our findings.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by SYZ - 03-18-2021, 11:29 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM