Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-06-2021, 07:10 PM)Dom Wrote: Actually, I don't like GMO. I grow heirloom veggies because they are tastier, juicier and have thin skins. The latter is the reason you don't see actual heirlooms in stores. GMO crops tend to have pollen that travels far, and crosspollinates with everything it can, hence ruining my heirlooms. That's why I don't like it. Your mileage may differ.

Everything we eat is GMO.  Everything.

Not one fruit, not one vegetable, not one meat that you raise or buy is natural.
Every single one of them has been engineered by humans.  There is no essential
difference between direct gene manipulation and selective breeding.  Selective breeding is simply
indirect gene manipulation.
The only things that are, in any way, natural are wild things we harvest - fiddleheads, mushrooms, deer, boar, duck, etc.

The heirloom tomatoes you grow have pollen that can cross-pollinate with the different heirloom tomatoes I'm growing.

Anti-GMO is is an emotional response, not a rational one. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Chas - 03-07-2021, 05:07 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM