Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
One basically has to be a computer to configure all the possibilities involved in any single situation, which is essentially impossible since people are individuals and cannot be entirely governed by statistics.

I mean, if you're a girl in a small town, you might think there's nothing more to do than to have sex, especially when there's less opportunity for recreation. Another girl in that same small town might live in the poorest area in a small trailer park and end up graduating Valedictorian in high school and then get a full ride to college.

In the city, the statistics rise even further. The variances are mind-numbing.

I cannot fully agree that education is the answer to most of life's problems. For me it was, but I am the exception. I always have been the exception, in every single situation in my entire life.

However, remember that small town scenario? Both girls had the same access to the same education. Education can certainly be a factor in perhaps enhancing one's life, but it's not a certainty. In the end, it is the individual who paves her own way.

(This is how my mind works on a regular basis. It's no wonder I'm bordering on insane)

The following 2 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • mordant, c172

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Phaedrus - 02-17-2021, 03:04 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM