Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(01-17-2021, 02:06 AM)Nursey Wrote: I received my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine last week. I have tons of allergies, spent countless hours combing through research and the ingredients, decided it was worth the risk. Anecdotally, seems thinner people are getting worse symptoms with the second shot. I ran fevers, had chills, body aches, fatigue for about 36 hours while I worked - I didn’t want to call out and leave my coworkers hanging. We’re short staffed and doubling occupancy in some of our ICU beds with plans to expand (we’ve already created additional makeshift ICUs around the hospital) yet no additional trained staff. We’ve got floor nurses being pulled to the ICU who have never titrated a drip or managed a vent. I’m no longer an ICU nurse but got pulled from my very cushy job over a month ago because of my background. All non emergent procedures and surgeries have been cancelled and we’re using the staff as floats/team nursing. Shit. Is. Wild.

I’ve only encountered one nurse in my unit vocally opposed to getting the vaccine.

We’ve still got people wearing their masks under their chins at the grocery store. I have friends calling it a virtue signal. I wish we could assign community service to antimaskers - come turn my patients (pressure ulcer rate is through the roof - there’s no time and impossible to turn morbidly obese patients by oneself), do mouth care on intubated patients to decrease rates of ventilator acquired pneumonia (there’s no time), and hold the hands of the dying (because again, no time, and they’re dying alone).

*edited because tittered is not titrated...autocorrect fail

Hiyas Nursey, it's cool seeing you again. Hang in there, hon, and be safe.
On hiatus.
The following 8 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Dom, Deesse23, Kim, Aroura, Aliza, skyking, Nursey, Dancefortwo

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Thumpalumpacus - 01-17-2021, 12:15 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM