Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(01-09-2021, 11:47 PM)SYZ Wrote: Apparently there's been some recent evidence that even after 14 days of
quarantining—without symptoms—some individuals have subsequently
tested positive after the end of that isolation period, and particularly with
newly emerging variants.
Yeah this is worrying. I really should cancel my outpatient surgery in a couple of weeks but the problem is that it is effecting my overall health to let it slide and at the rate things are going it may be no safer to do it in six or 12 month's time, and then might not even be an option. It is on the verge of being literally a question of dying of Covid or of chronic UTIs and lack of sleep.

Yesterday my wife went for a walk and tripped and fell and came back dripping blood all over the place (she has a blood clotting disorder) and we came close to having to go to the ER or at least an urgent care facility, but managed to get things under control without having to take that risk. But I told her, dammit, there's no room for mistakes like this and she has GOT to be more mindful and careful or it could fucking kill her.

Bottom line, our medical margin for error is pretty much gone. It reminds me of a story I read once of a guy hiking in the Himalayas who fell and broke his ankle in the middle of nowhere and his friends barely managed to carry him out to civilization. Something that is a moderate PITA in civilization becomes fatal in the wilderness. Folks, we are all in the wilderness now. The thin veneer of civilization is stretched to the breaking point.

Don't take needless risks unless, like me, you're forced to, in which case I guess the risk isn't needless. But understand you're risking your life just the same.
The following 4 users Like mordant's post:
  • Dom, c172, Aroura, SYZ

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by mordant - 01-10-2021, 01:50 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM