Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(01-04-2021, 01:56 PM)c172 Wrote: We know how hospitals are at this point. Suddenly I'm curious about outpatient centers. Hmm
At this writing, the outpatient surgical center attached to the hospital is closed by order of the governor. My urologist however continues to perform outpatient surgery in his own offices, anesthesiologist and all. Apparently the order doesn't apply to him.

He's catheterizing 100% of his patients until post-op follow-up to guard against the < 10% possibility a patient may have to visit an ER because they actually need a cath. An ER is not where you want to be these days. For any reason.

All this said, my expectations have been set that my procedure (Feb 3) may be postponed anyway.

I may postpone it myself. The only reason I don't is because I'm kinda desperately in need of the procedure.

I do not want to think what might happen if I had a heart attack or stroke or serious injury of some kind and lived in an area where hospitals are maxed out and can't take anyone, not just Covid patients. Even though that's not the case here, as mentioned above, one wants to avoid hospital ERs as much as possible. In my area, the urgent care clinics have pretty good telemedicine services and if they can't handle you that way you can get in to see them, but they aren't going to take a trauma case or something.

Just one more reason for us to not leave the house for the routine purposes we always used to. There's less chance of needing care that might itself prove fatal (or worse).
The following 1 user Likes mordant's post:
  • Aroura

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by mordant - 01-04-2021, 02:47 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM