Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(01-02-2021, 03:51 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
Quote:Christian singer and activist Sean Feucht held a New Year's Eve concert in Los Angeles County on Thursday that drew around 2,500 guests despite the area's surging number of coronavirus cases.

The Los Angeles Times reports that Feucht held the event in the parking lot of Higher Vision Church in Valencia, with many of the hundreds of guests attending without wearing face coverings.

It was one of many such events held by Feucht in recent days. He has been holding similar concerts across the country as well as a worship protest on the National Mall last October.

According to the Times, Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies said there were no reported incidents related to the event.

Video of Thursday's event showed crowds jumping, singing and shouting while packed shoulder to shoulder.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/532347...ting-covid

When are these assholes going to learn?

Never mind, forget I asked.

Once there were people ignorant of dangers from handling raw meat, not knowing of microbes, coughed on friends. Some few collected observations in their minds, and saw patterns. They lived and produced children who learned from them.

Now we have some people who deny the reality of microbes and the dangers of coughing on their friends. Or even just talking to them real close. They and some of their friends will die. They won't go to Hell or Heaven, they will just simply die and be returned to decay. But they will take some others along with them before their time.

Here in Maryland, I have yet to see a single person unmasked in stores. We wear masks everywhere. We social-distance. We expect hand-sanitizer sheets at every store (and use them). I must admit, I don't go to bars or clubs or whatnot. Maybe they don't wear masks in some places I don't visit. But I visit Walmart sometimes, and no one is maskless there here. I'm pretty sure we DO have some Trumpists around (I see the occasional MAGA hat), but I think they do the mask and social-distancing for social norms.

The people who don't observe recommended practices are more likely to infect friends and family and friends of the same mindset. It will travel through their circle of family and friends. Many more of the anti-maskers will die.

I wouldn't mind that all that much, but they spread Covid-19 generally and EVENTUALLY I may be exposed to one of them in spite of my best efforts and that matters a lot to ME!

And I do not forget that most of the maskless careless people are Trumpian!
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Cavebear - 01-02-2021, 06:42 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM