Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(12-26-2020, 05:49 PM)Tres Leches Wrote:
(12-25-2020, 09:58 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(12-25-2020, 05:42 AM)mordant Wrote: Would that we could just let the fools die, but as you point out, those fools kill non-fools.

The hospitals are so filled.  I almost want an entrance test.

If you refused to wear a mask, back of the line.  If you caught it in some stupid maskless party, back of the line.  If you travelled to meet family or friends without protection, back of the line.  If not, step up to the front of the list for help.

I've heard this a lot unfortunately during the pandemic from liberal-minded Americans and don't agree with this mindset. 
I suppose it is the logical end result of a country where health care is wrongly viewed as a privilege for some, not a basic human right for all.

Why stop at denying healthcare to people with Covid-19? Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease, while not as exciting to talk about as Covid-19, are also entirely preventable, common diseases. Americans who have those diseases are taking valuable healthcare resources away from other Americans who actually deserve it. They are a pox and a drain on society. Their unhealthy attitudes are easily spread to their family members and friends. I want to know everything that diabetics and people who have cardiovascular diseases have consumed. They should also have their weights measured. Too many cakes and sodas or your weight is over a certain number? Get to the back of the line and make room for deserving people like me to step to the front of the line instead.

-Teresa

Very dramatic! You can avoid covid-19 (generally) in a few specific ways. Wear a wask, keep your distance, wash often. It is an infection you can mostly avoid from others if you are careful. Your examples of diabetes and cardiovascular disease are not the same. You don't catch those from others. There is some genetic causes of diabetes; it is not all "Too many cakes and sodas". Cardiovascular diseases are equally non communicative. Don't conflate infections with conditions.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Dom

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Cavebear - 01-02-2021, 01:26 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM