Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(12-21-2020, 04:47 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 01:54 PM)Mad Hatter Wrote: My son in law was scheduled for a colonoscopy this past Friday at a hospital near us. When he went for his colonoscopy he was told that he had tested positive for COVID, so the hospital cancelled out. He had no symptoms whatsoever. He scheduled an appointment for another COVID test at a different location, two days later. This time the test showed negative, that he didn't have COVID. Both were rapid tests. So now I'm wondering if his first test will be counted among the State and National numbers for COVID infections, or will the second test cancel out the first test and not be counted among the infected. We also have a family who is 94 years old in an assisted living facility. She's legally blind and deaf and tested positive for COVID. Like my son in law, she showed no symptoms whatsoever. She was quarantined for 14 days, then released, and is doing fine. I was tested yesterday and I'm waiting for the results, mine wasn't the rapid testing. So now, I'm wondering how accurate these tests really are and if the national rate of infections actually reflect the true infection rates. Elon Musk was another person who at first tested positive with COVID, but a second test showed that he was negative. These testing inaccuracies has to be happening more times than not. These aren't isolated incidences.

I don't know about the US but here in Britain if you test positive for Covid and only have mild symptoms but go on to coincidentally die of another illness like a stroke or a heart attack within 28 days of the positive test your death is counted as from Covid which is insane, then the government wonders why conspiracy theories and antivaxxer propaganda flourishes and launch select committee hearings to work out why. We're overwhelmed by cases of "the stupids" here.

A lot of those same things are being said here too, that if someone tests positive for COVID but dies of a heart attack, that death is counted as death by COVID.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. - The Mad Hatter

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Mad Hatter - 12-21-2020, 10:41 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM