Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(12-21-2020, 01:54 PM)Mad Hatter Wrote: My son in law was scheduled for a colonoscopy this past Friday at a hospital near us. When he went for his colonoscopy he was told that he had tested positive for COVID, so the hospital cancelled out. He had no symptoms whatsoever. He scheduled an appointment for another COVID test at a different location, two days later. This time the test showed negative, that he didn't have COVID. Both were rapid tests. So now I'm wondering if his first test will be counted among the State and National for COVID infections, or will the second test cancel out the first test and not be counted among the infected. We also have a family who is 94 years old in an assisted living facility. She's legally blind and deaf and tested positive for COVID. Like my son in law, she showed no symptoms whatsoever. She was quarantined for 14 days, then released, and is doing fine. I was tested yesterday and I'm waiting for the results, mine wasn't the rapid testing. So now, I'm wondering how accurate these tests really are and if the national rate of infections actually reflect the true infection rates. Elon Musk was another person who at first tested positive with COVID, but a second test showed that he was negative. These aren't isolated incidences.

As one who works in the medical field, I agree that the tests sometimes aren't conclusive whatsoever. There have been false positives. I don't know enough about the virus to formulate an opinion. Which is why I don't trust the vaccine at this point in time.

I declined the vaccine because we need to know more.

The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Mad Hatter

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Phaedrus - 12-21-2020, 01:59 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM