Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(12-09-2020, 03:13 PM)mordant Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 12:19 AM)Dom Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 10:27 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Wow.  Do you have a source for this?  Not questioning your information because, you know....trump and stupid go together like liver and onions. But I just wonder where you read this.  Thanks.
I heard that on the news today too. No time now for googling an article...
The secretary of HHS was on the tube this morning saying this was because Pfizer wouldn't commit to specific dates, but that they have options for more doses later, as well as a lock on output from several other vaccine makers. He thinks we'll see some general population vaccinations by February, though it won't be a universal program (or as he put it, "generally available to all who want it") until maybe April.

You have to consider the source here, but I do think the left latches onto stuff like this a little too eagerly sometimes, to their ultimate discredit. This might be a dumb decision, it might not. There's not enough info that I've seen yet, to say.

Well, duh, research takes as long as it takes, you cannot set a date for it to be finished because you don't know what you are looking at until the research is finished. So, that is a dumb reason.

But yes, they did contract with a number of companies, and more of them will be successful in time. 

Pfizer did offer the US to secure more doses WITHOUT down payment, so not a penny more would have been needed to expand the contract. Now other countries have taken this up..
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Dom - 12-09-2020, 04:09 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM