Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(11-27-2020, 05:34 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 06:18 AM)Rainy_D Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 09:30 PM)TonyAnkle Wrote: This is a brand new virus, we haven't the slightest clue about the long term impact on health that this virus has. We only have a years experience of this, and we are struggling to keep it under control. saying it's like a bad cold is quite frankly ridiculous.

It is a variant of a family of cold virus.   In COVID-19, 'CO' stands for 'corona,' 'VI' for 'virus,' and 'D' for disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as “2019 novel coronavirus” or “2019-nCoV”. There are many types of human coronaviruses...

Yes saying "i have a cold" is a generic term for typically unremarkable virus infections.  But for most people this variant is unremarkable.  Hence the whining about asymptomatic people. Hence all the talk about - you may be infected but not even know.  That is the reality.  Most people are just fine.  Most people do not even get a bad cold.  Some dont even get a cough.  Some only experience one symptom. 

No we don't know everything about the virus.  We know so little we cannot attribute many of the deaths as covid caused.  Most of the 260K listed are not died of covid but died with covid and multiple co-morbidities.  Very few (under 15K last I checked) died of Covid only (as listed on Death Cert).  Many of the 250K were not tested for covid only assigned based on 'symptoms'. 

But we cant sell newspapers if we don't have some kind of tragedy to peddle.  Keeping the masses amped up on killer bees worked for a while, now its killer colds.

Pomerianians and grey wolves are both canids, but one is more dangerous than the other.

You let us know the next time the common cold kills 250,000 people in a year in American. Until then you're simply making a false equivalence. Why anyone should pay attention to your drivel is beyond me. You're fucking ignorant.

(11-27-2020, 06:23 AM)Rainy_D Wrote: If you could refute the math, you would have. But you cannot so fuk right off TheWhineyBitch with no retort.

Cannot celebrate the idea that Covid May not be as Deadly as feared! 

The death cult psychology!!!  Doomers!  Its the End of the World As We Know it.

You're being a cunt. Stop it.

I blocked Rainman a while ago and try not to read his stupid remarks in other peoples replies so I may not be replying to his post correctly but I'm guessing he's saying Covid deaths are just the usual flu deaths.  However, overall death rates are up 60% over what is normal, this includes the usual flu deaths,  and this 60% rise corresponds almost exactly to the numbers of Covid deaths.  If anything there are more deaths from Covid than are being reported.   

Rainman fell out of the tree of life and hit all the branches on the way down.
                                                         T4618
The following 4 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dom, SYZ, Thumpalumpacus, Fireball

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Dancefortwo - 11-27-2020, 05:58 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM