Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(11-20-2020, 05:41 PM)SYZ Wrote: His Star Trek imagined "Operation Warp Speed"... LOL... had nothing at all to do with Pfizer's development
of their vaccine.

Was Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Development Funded by Trump Administration?

Facepalm
Most probably it wasnt inspired by Star Trek, but was indeed related to Pfitzer/Biontech and inspired by the insight that they (Trump et al) knew they were (too) late.

Let me give you some background.

Firstoff, as i already said, Pfitzer is more responsible for production and logistics while Biontech researched the vaccine in their labs (by the way, there is a 3rd partner that mostly gets conveniently ignored, a chinese company).

Timetable (from Biontech website). Initiated project "lightspeed" was in January, a time when Trump denied the virus did even exist (or at least would be a threat for the US). Thankls D42 for the convenient timetable of "President Eject"  Winking   This was 4 moths before OWS started. Cooperation with Pfitzer and Fosun: Two months before OWS started.

Please pay attention to May: "startet two phase 1/2 trials". First patient was vaccinated in Germany in April. That was when OWS started (#).
[Image: Unbenannt.jpg]

As you may have already noticed, Biontechs effort, which started in January, was named "Project Lightspeed". Operation Warp Speed (OWS) started in May,15th, .

Now, please, anyone have a guess: Why was this late project, that obviously needed to catch up on "Operation Light Speed", while "someone" was too busy with denial, called "Operation Warp Speed"?

Before anyone else will credit a cretin like Trump again with anything related to a COVID vaccine, please lets remember how the couple looks that started research first and will probably throw a vaccine on the market first (Moderna has the R&D capacity, but no production afaik, unlike Biontech who is already producing en masse in Marburg, storing millions of doses of its vaccine and getting Pfitzer ready to certify it in the US and distribute it). Lots of people will owe their lives to those two Turks.
[Image: 55474066_303.jpg]

To sum it up:
It took Biontech/Pfitzer from Jauary to November to R&D a vaccine, with own funds plus some 375mio from German science funds.
It took Moderna From March (first study) to November and they received 2,5bn$ from OWS
OWS´ only contribution to Biontech/Pfitzer was to promise to "buy" 100mio doses of said vaccine for 2bn$. Claiming that thus the the trump administration has done anything to contribute to the R&D would be like claiming you contributed to baking bread when you ordered one across the counter in the bakery. As Pfitzer CEO stated, they deliberately didnt take US government money because of the possible ramifications, which is quite telling about the US pencil pushers.

Please have a look at D4s2 timetable and at the deadlines i have given, and then......let.it.sink.in

(#) Although OWS started in Mid May it was "introduced" in March. I compared the May date, because that seems to be when actual work started, likewise mid January for Biontech with candidate selection.
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 4 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Dānu, Dancefortwo, Kim

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Deesse23 - 11-20-2020, 07:51 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM