Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
I'm sure this got posted earlier, but Oregon is going into another lockdown this coming Wednesday.  For most of the state, it will last two weeks (until December 2nd), but for Multnomah County, the most populous county where Portland is, it will probably last a full month, until Dec 18th.

New regulations include:

Limiting restaurants and bars to take-out service only.
Closing gyms and other indoor recreational facilities, museums, and indoor entertainment like theaters.
Closing outdoor recreational facilities, zoos, gardens, and entertainment venues. City parks and playgrounds will remain open.
Requiring all businesses to mandate that employees work from home when possible, and to close offices to the public.
Limiting grocery and retail stores to 75% capacity and encouraging curbside pickup service.
Prohibiting visits at nursing homes and other long-term care facilities.
Limiting social get togethers, whether indoors or out, to no more than six people from two households.
Limiting worship services to 25 people when indoors and 50 people when outdoors.

Notice how religious gatherings are allowed to be larger than any other, by quite a lot?  Weird, that.  Otherwise, it is said to be the strictest in the US.  Basically, she's the big cancelled cross-family get togethers for thanksgiving.  I wonder how many people will disobey anyway?  Personally, I'm fine with it.  PEople should be able to skip it for ONE year, jeeze.

I already have most of what I wanted for our own little personal Thanksgiving dinner.  I don't plan on shopping again until the Monday or Tuesday before thanksgiving.  I hope there isn't another run on TP and cleaning supplies, but there probably will be.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Aroura - 11-14-2020, 05:46 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM