Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(10-15-2020, 07:40 PM)Minimalist Wrote: 47,000+ new cases reported today with NOTHING yet from Texas or California.

Keep up the good work, Fuckface.

I check California's dashboard for new Covid-19 diagnoses daily and I don't think they do same day case reporting. It's updated every day at 11am with data from the previous day. I'm slightly skeptical of statistics that list "today's" reported new cases. How do they know who really tested positive only a few hours ago? Or are people who tested positive weeks ago included because now it's being reported?

Anyway, California's 14 day rolling average of cases is currently 3,193.
And our 14 day average case positivity rate is 2.6 percent.

I'm a little surprised at the large numbers of cases elsewhere in the US compared to California right now. San Francisco, a densely populated city, has a 14 day average case positivity rate of 0.9 percent. Zero deaths yesterday. 

I'm guessing the rural midwest that has mostly escaped the high virus numbers until now are unfortunately getting their turn.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Tres Leches - 10-16-2020, 01:37 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM