Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(08-13-2020, 08:12 PM)Dom Wrote: So, as soon as flu shots are available, I will get one and then go into total quarantine until the end of the flu season. Either the flu or Covid would kill me and I am not taking any risks. I plan to stock up on several month's worth of supplies. I have been confining outings to only the necessary during flu season for years now, and this year I am not going anywhere.  

I may be old and have pre-existing conditions, but as long as I am fully able to care for myself, I have no intentions of dying. I think I still have some 10 years in me if all goes well. I'm not willing to sacrifice all that life for someone's idea of what would accelerate economic recovery. 

Old Lady

I was in Safeway last week and they told me they just got their flu shots in. So it might be available in your area now too.

I've gotten shots for the last decade or so and hoping to get one this year. I don't want to get it too early though. I did that one year in early September and I ended up getting the flu anyway in March. I'm not sure how long the shot confers immunity but after that I get it in October or November. I wonder if more doses are being manufactured as I'm sure demand will be higher this year.
Although I thought I heard that the 2019-2020 flu season came to an abrupt end because people were social distancing and wearing masks for coronavirus.
It will be an interesting autumn for sure.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 2 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Dom, Fireball

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Tres Leches - 08-13-2020, 11:56 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM