Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(08-11-2020, 07:32 PM)Unsapien Wrote: So they just unveiled the back to school plan in my school board.

K-6 - Really no change... masks not mandatory for students, full classes, full time, which is insane. If I had any Elementary aged kids they'd be getting home schooled, or as many parents are trying to do here, setting up their own "teaching pods" where some parents get together and split the cost of a tutor and they have half a dozen kids taught in one of their homes.

7-12 - Masks are mandatory and they're going from a semester system to a quadmester system only 2 classes from september to mid-november then 2 new classes from november to january etc, so the same teacher teaches them all day. They go straight to their designated classroom and don't leave until it's time to go home. They'll split kids into 2 Cohorts of 12-17 students per class one cohort goes monday,tuesday & every other wednesday, the other cohort goes every other wednesday & thursday & friday. In class teaching is only from 9am to 11am then the kids go home and do online teaching of the same course in the afternoon. No locker access, no cafeteria. Kids take all their stuff to school & take it all home with them.

Siblings in the same school will be scheduled to go to the school on the same days even if they're not in the same classroom.

Those not comfortable with going back to school in person have until the end of this week to sign up for a 100% at home learning option, and if you want you can switch from online only to at school learning or vice versa once every quadmester.

My son will be going into school. My city is back into single digit cases per day again.

Only thing I don't like is that because it's a catholic school one of his classes will be religion, I just hope that at least they do what they did last year where they taught about other religions in the class as well as Catholicism.

What city/country do you live in?
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Unsapien

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Dancefortwo - 08-11-2020, 08:11 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM