Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(08-11-2020, 01:47 AM)mordant Wrote: Cornell requires students coming from Covid hotpots (which is most states other than NY, NJ and CT these days) to quarantine for 2 weeks before classes start. Which means quarantine needs to start roughly about now.

At first we heard they were to be put up in the on-campus hotel, then that they would have to find their own lodgings. Lots of chaos and confusion around how this is supposed to work; at first the university was going to test students before admittance, now they have to go get their own tests.

The only bright spot is that testing is fairly available and from what I've heard there's quick turnaround on results. But this has all the hallmarks of a clusterfuck if you ask me.

The county has 234 positive tests to date and no deaths. Somehow I'm not thinking it's going to stay that way. The university shut down physical classes at spring break and students were removed from the equation at that point. Now, they are back in force.

According to the crew insulating and drywalling our garage, there is much fear and loathing about this in the community. Employees of the university I know tell me roughly 2/3 of professors don't want the students back either.

Reopening (trying to return to "normal" before there is a functional vaccine) is a hallmark of stupidity and will result in the deaths of tens of thousands at least.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • mordant

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Cavebear - 08-11-2020, 07:41 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM