Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(08-07-2020, 03:31 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Is it time to start hoarding toilet paper again? I don't want to be caught unawares.

Or maybe something else that I haven't thought about yet, like kitty litter or something?

Salons and personal care services are still closed in California but the woman who waxes my eyebrows moved all of her equipment from her salon to her home. So I went to her house and got a wax a few days ago. It that legal? Who the hell knows. Although I note that salons have been legally able to get around the closures and work outdoors. Some nail salons are doing manicures and pedicures in their parking lots.

Indoor dining is also banned here but restaurants have been able to get around that by setting up tables outdoors. I drove by a few restaurants today that had tables and chairs set up in their parking lots. One was a Denny's next to a busy thoroughfare. I'm not sure why people would pay for that kind of dining experience. I'd rather eat my own pancakes at home.

I've been living my life in 2 week increments. My daughter and I occasionally meet with friends, almost always outdoors (yay California weather), no hugging, short visits, etc. I typically keep visits at least 2 weeks apart so if we get sick we're hopefully not spreading it to every Tom, Dick, and Harry.

Today after 15+ years I walked out of my office for the last time. I went in to get all of my personal belongings and gave my office key to my manager. In a few weeks the "office" (which only has about 10 employees in there working now) will be moved to another office location nearby. It's very possible I won't have a space in the new office and I'll continue to work from home permanently (fingers crossed).

-Teresa

Hugs. Despite this being the best solution, it is still very difficult to leave the office behind. Mary is on a call to a nice tech support guy, trying to get connected to the VPN.
I'm working from home too, but not due to Covid.
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Tres Leches

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by skyking - 08-07-2020, 01:38 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM