Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
My work announced today that we should not expect to go back to our offices to work before January 2021. I'm glad to hear this and won't have to worry about my kid being home alone all day while school campuses are closed for the time being. I'm hoping I'll get to work from home on a permanent basis even after our office reopens.

When our office closed, it happened very quickly. Everybody was nervous and glum about the pandemic. My manager was very kind and made sure I was one of the first people out because my daughter's school was already closed. She and our network administrator helped me load my computer equipment into my car and I was beside myself with fear, almost crying. I muttered something about feeling like I would never be back in the office. My manager said "it'll be ok, it's just for a few weeks." That was March.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 7 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Dānu, Thumpalumpacus, skyking, Bcat, Dom, Deesse23, brewerb

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Tres Leches - 08-01-2020, 12:29 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM