Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
My home shire of Wellington—population 44,000 with zero coronavirus cases—introduces the government's
compulsory mask wearing order tomorrow, Sunday.  There are numerous other rural shires (counties) that
have also reported no cases, as smaller, more closely-knit country towns have a natural partiality for looking
after their neighbours.

The larger, multi-million-population cities obviously lack this—it's far more a "fuck you mate, I'm okay" attitude.
In Melbourne in particular, the major virus hot-spots are all in the lower socioeconomic northern and western
perimeter suburbs, with a well above average concentration of immigrants and/or refugees—Sudanese, Lebanese,
Iraqis and Iranians, Turkish, Vietnamese etc.  And compounding that is the fact that government estimates report
that around 10% of those people can't speak English.  Which has resulted in them having to produce flyers and
informative  posters, and TV advertorials in fourteen (!) different languages.

[Image: Screenshot-2020-08-01-Outbreaks-in-Melbo...nguage.png]

——Of course, we're not allowed to talk about this particular issue in
      public—at the risk of being denounced as a racist, and vilified by the SJWs.      Dodgy
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by SYZ - 07-31-2020, 10:42 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM