Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
Quote:I'm baffled why we can't walk and chew gum at the same time by making sure students are safe and providing a quality education at the same time.

The short answer, T/L is "MONEY."  Contrary to what the idiot in the White House thinks most schools in the US get the bulk of their funding from local property taxes, not Washington.  As D42 correctly points out the schools were built with one concept in mind and are ill-suited to being re-purposed into what is necessary to safely re-open and - to be completely honest - I don't think it is possible to safely reopen in California, Arizona, Texas and Florida under ANY circumstances. 

The schools do not have the staff, the physical plant, and probably even lack the will to risk it.  

https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2020/07/0...in-july-2/

Quote:PHOENIX – When Gov. Doug Ducey announced this week that school reopenings would be pushed back to Aug. 17 because of concerns over COVID-19 infections, it raised as many questions as it answered for parents and school administrators.
While they now have a start date, school leaders are faced with the task of reopening in a state where many classrooms are already overcrowded and where a chronic teacher shortage continues, making social distancing and following safety guidelines all but impossible.
“Unless some miraculous thing happens … all of the sudden everything stops and everyone pays attention and everybody does what they need to do, I don’t see it happening,” said Sergio Chavez, president of the Arizona Parent Teacher Association.

I don't have a clue what to tell them to do.  Fuckface thinks he's Jean Luc Picard saying "Make it so."  But that only works on TV.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Thumpalumpacus, M.Linoge

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Minimalist - 07-18-2020, 05:55 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM