Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(07-15-2020, 01:21 PM)Dom Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 06:25 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 04:11 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Quite a few students here, including elementary students, ride their bikes or walk. My own kid will be walking when the campus opens.

-Teresa

That might work if the kid lives near the school but in some districts the kids live many miles from school.  The high school my kids went to was about 4 miles away and then what happens when the weather turns bad.  We have very cold pouring rain here for several months and sometimes it snows here.  If the parents can't take the kids to school the only option is a bus.

Try 15 miles, and no cable. The kids here are truly screwed. The ones who do have internet have DSL or satellite, unreliable at best and slow. Without transportation, kids here are stuck at home.

Exactly.  Rural school districts are very large, like several counties put together.  They have to be bussed. 

Sometimes I think the school year should start after Winter break in 2021 and then go into summer.  Maybe by Janurary if we all hunker down the virus will start to ebb.   Schools are a petri dish of diseases in normal times.   When my husband first started to teach, about every three weeks we'd get sick with something.  I generally don't get super sick with colds but my kid were sick all the time.  I kept taking them to the doctor and he finally asked, "By any chance, is your husband a teacher?"  He asked that because in his experience the family's of teachers had a high rate of sickness. 

I saw some idiot in a old Kmart parking lot with a huge American flag and he had a "recall Gov. Brown" sign and a petition to have her removed.  Jezuzchrist, I think she's doing a great job. She's very measured in her statements and relies on science and facts.   He had no mask on, of course.
                                                         T4618

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Dancefortwo - 07-15-2020, 04:16 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM